Half Day Birding in Siem Reap
Half day of action packed birding
If you want to see some of the great birds that occur around Siem Reap but are pressed for time, why not head out with one of the SVC guides for a half-day trip to some of our local patches? We regularly see over 50 species at sites that are just a short (15-20 minute) tuk-tuk or car ride from the center of Siem Reap.
You will be collected and dropped back to your hotel.
Water will be provided to you throughout the trip.
Entry & admission fees
No entry fees are covered on this trip.
No meals are included in this trip.
Tip or gratuity
It is your own decision should you wish to tip staff.
Wifi not available outside of major cities and towns.
Subject to change depending on seasons and personal requests
Morning or Afternoon start
Itineraries for half day birding varies entirely on the time and interests of the group, as well as our knowledge of which site is best at the time. Expect 05.30AM pick up for morning tours, or 14.30PM for afternoon trips.
|Pokambor Ave, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia|
|Angkor Archaeological park, Krong Siem Reap 17000, Cambodia|
Things to note
Tuk-tuk or 4*4 car
When to go
All year round
Chestnut-capped Babbler, Bright-headed Cisticola, Pheasant-tailed Jacana, Lesser Coucal, Large-hawk Cuckoo, Chestnut-winged Cuckoo, Cinnamon Bittern, Yellow Bittern, Black Bittern, Baya Weaver, Black-browed Reed Warbler, Oriental Reed Warbler, Watercock and other wetland bird species. Plus Watercock, Blue-throated Bee-eater and Greater Painted Snipe at certain times of the year.
A typical trip brings 50 to 60 species over a 3 hour period.
Rice paddies, scrub and a variety of freshwater wetlands, depending on the season.
Things to bring
- Sun hat
- Sun cream
- Appropriate closed-toe shoes. Walking boots are best
- Light clothing covering shoulders and knees- this is especially relevant when visiting temples and religious sites. Clothing should not be bright when birding
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof coat
- Small denominations of money. This is especially relevant when entering Northern Cambodia. $20 is the maximum denomination of money that should be taken
- Binoculars. SVC charge $5 per person per day to use our Swarovski Optik binoculars
- Ear plugs are recommended for multi-day tours. The sound of nature at night in remote areas can be loud