Half Day around Kbal Spean
Birding and rural Cambodia
The Siem Reap River originates in the sacred mountain of Phnom Kulen, some 50km northeast of Siem Reap. Our route passes through timeless rural Cambodian villages and countryside before we stop at the dry deciduous forest near the slopes of the mountains.
You will be collected and dropped back to your hotel.
Water will be provided to you throughout the trip.
Breakfast is included on this trip.
Tip or gratuity
It is your own decision should you wish to tip staff.
Wifi not available outside of major cities and towns.
Entry & admissions fees
Your entry fees are not covered on this trip.
Subject to change depending on seasons and personal requests
05:30 - Pick Up
Pick up at your Siem Reap hotel in our aircon 4×4 by your English speaking bird guide.
07:30 – Breakfast and birding
Delicious packed breakfast whilst birdwatching on the road and in dry deciduous forest. We hope to see White-rumped Pygmy Falcon and Black-headed Woodpecker.
09:00 – Kbal Spean hill
Puff-throated Babbler and White-rumped Shama are common, and we will also see a range of other species such as Asian Fairy Bluebird and Black Giant Squirrel.
12:00 – Return to Siem Reap
Return to Siem Reap.
|Pokambor Ave, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia|
|Phnom Kulen National Park, Cambodia|
Things to note
When to go
All year round
White-rumped Pygmy Falcon, Black-headed Woodpecker, Brown Prinia, Indochinese Bushlark, Hainan Blue Flycatcher, White-throated Rockthrush, Puff-throated Babbler, White-rumped Shama, Green-eared Barbet, Asian Fairy Bluebird.
Dry deciduous forest, semi-evergreen forest, mountain and waterfall.
Things to bring
- Sun hat
- Sun cream
- Appropriate closed-toe shoes. Walking boots are best
- Light clothing covering shoulders and knees- this is especially relevant when visiting temples and religious sites. Clothing should not be bright when birding
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof coat
- Small denominations of money. This is especially relevant when entering Northern Cambodia. $20 is the maximum denomination of money that should be taken
- Binoculars. SVC charge $5 per person per day to use our Swarovski Optik binoculars
- Ear plugs are recommended for multi-day tours. The sound of nature at night in remote areas can be loud