Changkran Roy Birding Tour: 3 Days, 2 Nights
Changkran Roy Birding Tour: 3 Days, 2 Nights is an ideal tour for a birding and bird photography experience just a 1.5-hour drive from Siem Reap. As of March 2023, SVC has confirmed the presence of Coral-billed Ground Cuckoo and Bar-bellied Pitta at our sponsored hide maintained by SVC, Cambodian Bird Photography Group and Changkran Roy Ecotourism Committee. It has taken 2 years to develop this hide and now we are ready to open it to the world.
Please note that the facilities, such as accommodation, are still quite basic at this site.
All entry and admission fees to parks.Accommodation
Accommodation is provided at all of our sites.Guide Fees
You will have a dedicated tour guide for the entire trip.All Transport
All of your transport throughout the trip including transfers.Refreshments
Water will be provided to you throughout the trip.All Meals
You will be provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner.Conservation Contributions
SVC will contribute part of the trip cost towards conservation.Reusable Bottle
SVC Refill not Landfill reusable water bottle for multi-day trips.City Accommodation & Meals
Accommodation and dinner in Siem Reap, Phnom Penh and Sen Monorum. SVC can organise this if requested.Trip Insurance
It is strongly recommended that you travel with insurance.Laundry
A hand wash laundry service can be provided with additional charges, depending on availability.Tip or gratuity
It is your own decision should you wish to tip staff.Wifi
Wifi not available outside of major cities and towns.
Subject to change depending on seasons and personal requests
Things to note
When to go
February to March is the best chance to view Coral-billed Ground-Cuckoo.
Revenue from our tours help to fund wildlife conservation and community projects. Find out more
Things to bring
- Sun hat
- Sun cream
- Appropriate closed-toe shoes. Walking boots are best
- Light clothing covering shoulders and knees- this is especially relevant when visiting temples and religious sites. Clothing should not be bright when birding
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof coat
- Small denominations of money. This is especially relevant when entering Northern Cambodia. $20 is the maximum denomination of money that should be taken
- Binoculars. SVC charge $5 per person per day to use our Swarovski Optik binoculars
- Ear plugs are recommended for multi-day tours. The sound of nature at night in remote areas can be loud
Multi-day tours must be booked at least 7 days in advance. For a detailed price breakdown, view our pricing page